Thursday, October 22, 2009

The nine personal qualities


Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; all of them are important in a person. But I understand love to be the most essential of all. According to 1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong and a clanging cymbal." Last week learned about committed love which was so touched my heart from teacher Mr. Co burn, since my husband and I had fought a couple of days. After wards when I went home that days, I changed my mind to serve him again. He was happy, and I was happy too.
I also think self-control is another important characteristic. Everybody needs a certain a mount of money, property, power, gifts, freedom, wealth, and so on. But if you cannot practice self-control in everything, you cannot have lasting satisfaction. I believe a lot of people who live in Taiwan have learned the lesson from president Mr. Chen.

No comments:

Post a Comment