Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Different Life



I hadn't ever thought about immigration when I got married to my husband in Taipei. I was a single mother before I got remarried. I loved my son, whose name was Shawn, very deeply. I kept accompanying Shawn, who studied in Taipei, and never thought about marriage again, while my ex-husband left and went to the continent of China. At that time I had a good job in Taiwan Fire and Marine Insurance Inc. and a good fellowship in the church of Tamsui . I was always with Shawn in his childhood, except when working. Then work colleague, Mark, who was a single father and very much loved his children, asked me to marry to him. I thought he was a good father, and so could be a good husband. I agreed to marry to him since I had been divorce for 7 years. After we married, we had a good time in Taipei for about two years. One day Mark asked me to immigrate to the United States and was seeking my support. I thought long and hard before coming to decision. I thought the education of my biological son and two stepchildren. I thought about my job, my elderly parents, young sister and a lot of my friends. I struggled to make up my mind because Shawn needing to stay in Taipei with his grandfather and grandmother. I endured being apart from my original family to follow my husband to CA. God has blessed me, I feel good so far, because Shawn spends all the summers with us every year. My parents visited us last year and plan visiting us again next year. Finally, I have a big world and a different life.

No comments:

Post a Comment