Thursday, November 5, 2009

Why couples stay together


I hadn't yet met either my father-in-law or mother-in-law when I got married to my husband in Taipei 2004, because at that time, my mother-in-law had died and my father in law was seriously sick. Later I visited their resting places at Rose Hill, when I came to CA in July, 2006.
According to my husband, my father-in-law and mother-in-law were married for sixty years until mother died at age 78. My mother-in-law was a Christian, but my father-in-law wasn't. My mother-in-law loved her husband very deeply. She always wished my father-in-law would become a Christian. During the war, she, who was a rich and educated lady, followed her husband, who was a poor soldier, to go to Taiwan from the China continent. Through this time of difficulty, they had six children who gave them happiness. Mother brought up their children when her husband worked and needed to be away from home.
Time passed, the children grew up. Father and Mother settled in Los Angels in 1986 when father retired. Mother had said " I am the happiest those last twenty years of my life, because I live together with my husband." Father lacked self-control in gambling and lustiness. Mother was always patient and tolerated him. When mother died father asked to be baptized a Christian which was mother only wish. Father in law died at age 86 in 2005 and was laid to resting the same burial site at Rose Hill with mother. To the end of his life, he always remembered the love of his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment